The Twin Cities 2015 Institute is part of a multi-year effort to catalyze and connect a regional network of creative leaders in the tri-state region of Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Following the Twin Cities Institute, Intermedia Arts will work in collaboration with Institute alumni to host, activate, and convene the creative community leadership network to generate opportunities for ongoing conversation, connection, learning, and mutual support.
THE CREATIVE COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE WILL ...
Select a cohort of Fellows through an application and selection process based on commitment to exploring new ways of working, experience and personal development goals.
Be led by a team of respected and experienced professionals in the field of community cultural development.
Explore the history and ecology of arts-based community development, the creative process as a resource for community change, standards of practice, strategies for effective arts-based community development partnerships, and creating conditions for sustainable impact.
- Consist of hands-on learning activities, lectures/discussions, critical readings, site visits, case studies, community interactions, writing assignments, creative engagement presenters from the field, and a laboratory project featuring a collaboratively designed arts-based community development project.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Apply for this leadership development opportunity if you …
- Live or work in the Twin Cities metro area;
- Build community and have active community relationships;
- Have significant experience working in arts and/or non-arts sectors of the community, including but not limited to: arts, community organizing, community and economic development, education, health care, housing, native sovereignty, public systems, and youth development;
- Are eager for new experiences, relationships, cross-sector collaborations and potential partnerships with others working in your community;
- Are ready to engage with new ideas, and transform the way you work to more effectively apply arts-based tools and strategies for community development and community-building;
- Are willing to step forward and make a difference in your community; and
- Can commit to the dates and times scheduled for the Institute.
Questions? Contact Info@IntermediaArts.org or call 612.871.4444.