The first grant for spoken word poets nationwide, Intermedia Arts’ VERVE grant program provides funding for emerging Minnesota spoken word poets who are interested in artistic advancement and leadership in their communities. Through financial assistance, professional development, and recognition within a culturally and socio-economically diverse group of literary artists, this program strengthens and supports Minnesota's literary community.
Past VERVE grant recipients have used the grant to:
- take time away from work to focus on their craft
- take classes
- hire an artistic mentor
- travel to develop a network for exchanges and collaborations with other artists
- attend a festival or a conference
- develop a new show or performance piece
- develop and implement a marketing plan
- design a tour
- produce a CD
These are just a few of the possibilities. We encourage you to give serious thought to how this grant could make a difference in your career!
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
This program is made possible thanks to the generous support of the Jerome Foundation.